A-fast Antivirus (thanks to rogueamp):
Once running, A-fast Antivirus will display numerous fake security warnings. Those warnings will state that your computer is infected with spyware or under attack from a remote computer. The rogue program will also state that it has detected critical vulnerabilities or keyloggers on your computer.
Continue working in unprotected mode is very dangerous. Viruses can damage your confidential data and work on your computer. Click here to protect your computer."
"Your computer is infected! Windows detected spyware infection!
It is recommended to use special antispyware tools to prevent dataloss. Windows will now download and install the most up-to-date antispyware for you."
Most of the time, A-fastAntivirus has to be manually installed, but it may also come bundled with other malware. The homepage of this fake program is a-fast .com (22.214.171.124), you should avoid it, because it hosts the rogue program. Otherwise, you may easily infect your computer.
The most important question is of course how to remove this fake program? The problem is that it will probably block legit anti-malware software. You will have to reboot your computer in Safe Mode with Networking and download malware removal tool (read the instructions below). If you can't reboot your computer is Safe Mode with networking, then you may enter one of the serials listed below.
Open A-fast Antivirus and click "Activate" button. A new window will pop-up. Enter one of those serials and click "Activate" button. If everything goes well, the rogue program will state that your computer is clean and won't block legit anti-malware programs. And remember, A-fast Antivirus is a scam. If you have already purchased it, then you should contact your credit card company and dispute the charges. If you have any questions or additional information, please leave a comment. Good luck and be safe!
A-fast Antivirus removal instructions:
1. Reboot your computer is "Safe Mode with Networking". As the computer is booting tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode with Networking" and press Enter key. Read more detailed instructions here: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm
NOTE: Login as the same user you were previously logged in with in the normal Windows mode.
2. Download one of the following anti-malware applications:
A-fast Antivirus associated files and registry values:
- C:\Program Files\A-fast
- C:\Program Files\A-fast\A-fast.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DosableTaskMgr" = "1"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "fast"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List "C:\Program Files\A-fast\A-fast.exe"