While PC Protection Center is running, it will display fake security alerts and notifications. It will block task manager and some other programs too. It does this to scare you into purchasing a license of the program. If you do this, you will lose your money and give your credit card details to scammers.
Potentially harmful script execution is detected. It is strongly recommended to run total System scanning.
Considerable System productivity decline is observed.
Total System scanning is recommended to remove all the reasons of productivity decline.
Suspicious software activity is detected.
Please start system files scanning for details.
AttentionThe home page of PC Protection Center is pcprotectioncenter.com
Potentially harmful software is detected.
To enable the security mode and remove harmful software it is recommended to perform a cleanup.
PC Protection Center is from the same family as PrivacyGuard 2010, PCoptimizer 2010 and Privacy Corrector.
As you can see, PC Protection Center is yet another rogue that uses misleading methods to steal money from unexperienced computer users. If you have already bought this piece of malware, you should contact your credit card provider and dispute the charges stating that PC Protection Center is a scam. Then please follow the removal instructions below to remove PC Protection Center from your computer for free using legitimate anti-malware applications. If you have any problems removing this malware, please leave a comment. Good luck and be safe online!
PC Protection Center removal instructions:
1. Click Start → Run (or WinKey+R).
2. Type in: cmd and click OK. Command prompt window will show up.
3. Type in: taskkill /f /im PCProtectionCenter.exe and click Enter. This will stop PC Protection Center.
4. Download free anti-malware software from the list below and run a full system scan.
5. New threats appear every day. In order to protect your PC from such (new) infections we strongly recommend you to use ESET Smart Security.
Alternate PC Protection Center removal instructions (in Safe Mode with Networking):
1. Reboot your computer is "Safe Mode with Networking". As the computer is booting tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode with Networking" and press Enter key. Read more detailed instructions here: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm
NOTE: Login as the same user you were previously logged in with in the normal Windows mode.
2. Download free anti-malware software from the list below and run a full system scan.
3. New threats appear every day. In order to protect your PC from such (new) infections we strongly recommend you to use ESET Smart Security.
PC Protection Center associated files and registry values:
- C:\Program Files\PC\PC Protection Center
- C:\Program Files\PC\PC Protection Center\1.ico
- C:\Program Files\PC\PC Protection Center\PC Protection Center.exe
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\PC Protection Center\
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PC\PC Protection Center
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Protect = PCProtectionCenter.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system EnableLUA = 0x00000000 ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin = 0x00000000 ConsentPromptBehaviorUser = 0x00000000