- can't run/install antivirus software
- anti-malware programs crash mid-scan
- browser redirects
- annoying pop-up advertisements
- slowed computer performance
- slow internet connection speed
Fire up Task Manager and you'll quickly notice a questionable process named numbers:numbers, for example 635210245:4362882.exe. You can't terminate it manually. If you attempt to open up the properties for this offending process, you'll the message that windows can't find the location of this executable file. Doing system restore might help, but just for a while. The virus and raresearchsystem.com redirects returns, even though you've done a system restore. This is rather sophisticated malware. Thankfully, there are tools that can handle this virus. Webroot's ZeroAccess removal tool and TDSSKiller by Kaspersky. The first one works only on 32-bit system. To stop raresearchsystem.com redirects and remove ZeroAccess/Serifef rootkit from your computer, please follow the steps in the removal guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a comment. Good luck and be safe online!
Raresearchsystem.com removal instructions:
1. First of all, download and run ZeroAccess/Sirefef/MAX++ removal tool. (works on 32-bit systems only!)
2. Then use TDSSKiller.
3. Finally, scan your computer with recommend anti-malware software to remove the leftovers of this virus from your computer.
Share this information with your friends: