At one time or another we've all been targeted by these nuisances but the fifty million dollar question is, how do they get on to our computers in the first place - and how can we stop them? "Ads by LyricsSay" has a number of unwelcome traits. One being that it will normally download additional adware onto your computer and as most of us know, it can be intensely annoying thanks to its pop up advertising windows. If you've been infected you may well be wondering how the LyricsSay wormed its way onto your PC or laptop in the first place. Well I hate to break it to you but you might actually have installed it yourself. Ads by LyricsSay is usually bundled with freeware which means that anything you download without paying for can put you at risk. The big question is, how do you avoid doing this and how can you ensure you're not inadvertently exposing yourself to adware or something that can cause even more harm?
Anti-malware, anti-malware, anti-malware! We can't say it enough - using your PC without having anti-malware software installed is like playing Russian roulette! But that aside, you can also help yourself by being a little more wary about what you install on your computer. If you're thinking of downloading something from a website that is covered in spammy looking adverts and dodgy links then stop and ask yourself whether you could be downloading the software from somewhere more reputable. Also check the end user license agreement when you download something as PUPs come packaged with other programs. Most agreements make reference to ‘other applications’ so don’t just click ‘OK’ or ‘Continue’ but read the agreement and uncheck any boxes that were already opting you in for an (unwanted) added extra. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
"Ads by LyricsSay" removal instructions:
1. First of all, download recommended anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove LyricsSay and related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove "Ads by LyricsSay" on Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove LyricsSay, DownloadTerms, LyricXeeker, HD-Plus and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove "Ads by LyricsSay" on Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove LyricsSay, DownloadTerms, LyricXeeker, HD-Plus and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove "Ads by LyricsSay" on Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.