When Protect Shield is running, it may prevent your computer from accessing legitimate security vendor websites. It may hijack Internet Explorer and other web browsers and redirect you to unrelated websites full of ads and malicious code. This scareware displays a fake Windows Security Center pop-up saying that your computer is not protected and that you should install anti-virus software to remove the threats and protect your computer against viruses. The fake security warnings from your Windows task bar may state that your computer is under attack from a remote server and that your sensitive information can be stolen. Of course, that's not true. However, the personal and credit card information that you provide if you register this fake program could be used in additional fraud. That's why you shouldn't purchase Protect Shield for any reason. If you have already purchased it, then please contact your credit card company and dispute the charges stating that Protect Shield is a computer infection. If you have this rogue program on your computer, please follow the removal instructions below to remove Protect Shield and any related malware for free using legitimate anti-malware software. If you have any questions, please leave a comment. Good luck and be safe online!
Protect Shield removal instructions:
1. Download Process Explorer. (click the link and wait for few seconds, download will begin automatically)
2. End Protect Shield process: ProtectShield.exe
3. Download free anti-malware software from the list below and run a full system scan.
4. New threats appear every day. In order to protect your PC from such (new) infections we strongly recommend you to use ESET Smart Security.
Protect Shield removal instructions (in Safe Mode with Networking):
1. Reboot your computer is "Safe Mode with Networking". As the computer is booting tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode with Networking" and press Enter key. Read more detailed instructions here: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm
NOTE: Login as the same user you were previously logged in with in the normal Windows mode.
2. Download free anti-malware software from the list below and run a full system scan.
3. New threats appear every day. In order to protect your PC from such (new) infections we strongly recommend you to use ESET Smart Security.
Protect Shield associated files and registry values:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\ProtectShield.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ProtectShield\
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ProtectShield\1 ProtectShield.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ProtectShield\2 Homepage.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ProtectShield\3 Uninstall.lnk
- C:\Program Files\ProtectShield\
- C:\Program Files\ProtectShield\license.txt
- C:\Program Files\ProtectShield\ProtectShield.exe
- C:\Program Files\ProtectShield\uninstall.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "ProtectShield"