Best Malware Protection is a clone of Internet Security Essentials and Smart Internet Protection 2011 scareware which were making rounds just a few months ago. Once installed, this rogue AV will start popping up at regular intervals and scanning your computer for malware. It will also display fake warnings that pop-up from the taskbar, your desktop might be altered, and your browser settings as well. Best Malware Protection will change your Windows settings to use a proxy server that will not allow you to browse any or certain web pages. It may redirect you to malicious web pages that will display vivid warnings, and what looks like an active Virus scan, mirroring the default theme used on Windows. This scareware will also modify Windows Hosts file and block other applications on your computer. You may find yourself without access to the Task Manager, or without the ability to install legitimate malware removal tools. Thankfully, we've got removal instructions to help you to remove Best Malware Protection and related malware for free using trusted anti-malware applications. Of course, it is possible to manually remove this fake security program (associated files are listed at the end of this page), however, it is advisable to use anti-malware software.
Best Malware Protection is a scam. Do not purchase it. Please be advised, if you pay for this phony security software, you will subjected to monetary theft, or in a worst-case example, ID Theft. There is no guarantee that your credit card details aren't going to be sold to other third parties. To remove Best Malware Protection, please follow the steps in the removal instructions below.
Best Malware Protection removal instructions:
1. Reboot your computer is "Safe Mode with Networking". As the computer is booting tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode with Networking" and press Enter key. Read more detailed instructions here: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm
NOTE: Login as the same user you were previously logged in with in the normal Windows mode.
2. Launch Internet Explorer. In Internet Explorer go to: Tools->Internet Options->Connections tab. Click Lan Settings button and uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN. Click OK. You may have to repeat steps 1-2 if you will have problems downloading malware removal programs.
3. Download free anti-malware software from the list below and run a full system scan.
4. New threats appear every day. In order to protect your PC from such (new) infections we strongly recommend you to use ESET Smart Security.
Alternate Best Malware Protection removal instructions using HijackThis or Process Explorer (in Normal mode):
1. Launch Internet Explorer. In Internet Explorer go to: Tools->Internet Options->Connections tab. Click Lan Settings button and uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN. Click OK.
2. Download Process Explorer.
3. Rename procexp.exe to iexplore.exe and run it. Look for similar process in the list and end it:
Launch the iexplore.exe and click "Do a system scan only" button.
If you can't open iexplore.exe file then download explorer.scr and run it. Search for similar entries in the scan results:
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:15694
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Best Malware Protection] "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\4eba4a\BM4eb_2272.exe" /s /d
Select all similar entries and click once on the "Fix checked" button. Close HijackThis tool.
4. Download free anti-malware software from the list below and run a full system scan.
5. New threats appear every day. In order to protect your PC from such (new) infections we strongly recommend you to use ESET Smart Security.
Associated Best Malware Protection files and registry values:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\4eba4a\
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\4eba4a\BM4eb_2272.exe
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\4eba4a\[SET OF RANDOM CHARACTERS].dll
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\4eba4a\[SET OF RANDOM CHARACTERS].ocx
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SMEYFE
- %UserProfile%\Application Data\Best Malware Protection\
C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName] (for Windows 2000/XP)
C:\Users\[UserName]\ (for Windows Vista & Windows 7)
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download "RunInvalidSignatures" = '1'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "ProxyServer" = "http=127.0.0.1:15694"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "Best Malware Protection"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options "Debugger" = "svchost.exe"